Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God's Word to Me

I am so blessed by those who leave words of encouragement to help me and my family through a difficult season of life. Thank you so much!


On Sunday the preacher spoke of Moses and the Burning Bush. A story I've known since childhood. A story that is so familiar it has lost its "punch" (so to speak). Oh, but if God can speak through a burning bush, He can certainly speak through a "punchless" story, now can't He? You can read the entire story in Exodus Chapter 3, but here are the phrases that jumped out at me:

1. The Lord said, "I have seen the misery of my people."

2. "I have heard them crying out."

3. "I am concerned about their suffering."

4. "So I have come down to rescue them."


Before I hopped here this morning to write this post, read this comment from Tammie:

"...but I know this ... you are not beyond God's reach, you are not beyond His hearing, your tears have not escaped His attention, your hurt is not beyond His understanding, and your needs are not beyond His ability to meet."

How's that for confirmation?

God sees.

God hears.

God is concerned.

God will rescue.

End of Story...with a lot of "punch"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW, Drewe Llyn! I can't BELIEVE how beautifully God guided my words! I have received a blessing along with you in this ... BIG SMILE! What could be sweeter than to share in a blessing with a precious friend?

Anonymous said...

I found you via the Ultimate Women's Expo website. Read your blog and realized you're from Mississippi. Me too! Just wanted to say hey to you and would love to connect, we have ministry in common and journaling. I love to journal and promote prayer journaling to teens and tweens in my ministry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Drewe Llyn, that is beautiful. Those words are just right, for you and for me and for so many others who are hurting right now. Thank you for posting them!

~ Lori