Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bloom where you are planted.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


"Bloom where you are planted" was my first thought when I noticed this petunia growing by my grill. But the more I've thought about it, the more I think this photo should be labeled "With God, all things are possible."

This petunia wasn't "planted". Obviously a very, very tiny seed (Have you ever seen a petunia seed?) fell from my window box last summer and got washed into this crack in our patio. Then, unnoticed, unloved, and uncultivated it not only made it to maturity, it bloomed!

As followers of Jesus we often try to plant "seeds" of kindness, love, forgiveness, and hope in difficult places - prisons, hardened hearts, and cracked lives. Many times our efforts seem futile. Can change really happen? Can love truly bloom? Can people honestly break free from the strongholds that control them?

God just smiles; for in His kingdom there is no one unnoticed, unloved, or beyond His reach. He can take the smallest "seed" in the hardest heart and cultivate into something beautiful. See the proof for yourself.

No comments: