Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jesus with the Little Children

When I was a little girl I owned a picture of Jesus with the little children. It was a cheap, cardboard print in a cheap, plastic frame. But, oh, that picture of the kind, loving Christ warmed my heart! Part of the charm may have been a little poem written at the bottom that made me wish I could sit at the feet of Jesus. Through the years the print has been lost and the stanza has faded from memory, yet there are still times I wish I could look at it once more, or even go back in time to put my special picture of Jesus in a safe place.


Then along came the internet.


A google search of "Jesus and the Children" brought up that long lost picture by Francis Hook entitled "Jesus with the Little Children." Another search with the few lines I could remember brought up the poem entitled "The Sweet Story of Old" by Jemima Luke! Please take a moment to follow the links and be blessed.

Here are the lines on my precious print:


I wish that His hands had been placed on my head,


That His arm had been thrown around me;


and that I might have seen His kind look when He said,


"Let the little ones come unto Me."