Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Mother-in-Law Accidentally Cut Off Her Foot

Now, if that doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will. My First reaction was WHAT?!?!?!?! I mean, how does one accidentally cut off their foot?!?!?!? Well, some of the details are sketchy, but here's what I think I know: She had just hooked her little dog to a cable in the yard before going to revival. Somehow the cable unknowingly got wrapped around her foot and she drove off severing her foot just above the ankle. I'm not exactly sure how help came, but Johnny (Raymond's step-brother) managed to get her to the hospital in Poplarville, MS. (Which is a very, very small community hospital.) From there she was air-lifted to Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg where they did surgery to clean up the wound. They were unable to re-attach her foot. She received 3 units of blood. The family was able to see her before surgery. She has a long road of recovery ahead of her both physically and emotionally. The doctor said there will most probably be other surgeries. I'm not sure what this means for our immediate family. She will need care for a long time. Will she come live with us? I'm more than willing for that to happen, but we have to move from this house by the middle of January. We have a couple of temporary options, but we need permanent ones. Raymond has a temporary job, but we need a permanent one. It has been a very, very trying few months for us. Yet God has generously provided our needs and I'm more than grateful to everyone He's used to do that. I keep hearing God say, "I'm in control. Wait on Me." When I got in my car last night to drive home "Everlasting God" was playing on KLOVE. If you know that song it says, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." That's what I'm trying to do today.

5 comments:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

I keep reading this over and over and over...Gosh I'm sooo sorry! We will definitly be praying. Wow. Bless her heart. keep us posted.

Julie said...

I have been praying for your MIL.. Tammie told me about the accident..and of course I was horrified!! But God IS in control.. right? He can bring joy out of sorrow and pain. I'm still praying.. and have others too praying out here in BC,Canada... 3000 miles away! May God provide all you need....

KarenW said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. I cannot imagine the pain. I do understand having temporary options but needing something permanent. Seems to be my life story. You and your family are in my prayers.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

My goodness, this is just bizarre, Drewe Llyn. Y'all are dealing with some awful trials, my friend. I am praying. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, Drewe Llyn! My heart stopped when I read your story. That's just awful and makes anything else (even job losses like we both have!) so minor, doesn't it?

I'm so sorry for all your family is going through. Thank you so much for your encouragement today on my blog. It gave me such a boost to hear from you.

I'm definitely going to be praying for you this week!