Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Giving Thanks

My friend Amy over at Dandelion Seeds is "Giving Thanks Every Day" for her blessings. I'm not organized enough to post every day, but I'd like to post some things I'm thankful for as they come to mind. I've been in the doldrums lately, but really shouldn't be with so many blessings. Here I go:
1. I talked with two ladies today who lost husbands when they were young. I'm thankful I still have my wonderful husband of 24 years.
2. Our family was blessed with a very generous, anonymous, monetary gift today.
3. A friend blessed me with a very thoughtful and creative gift today.
4. I went to vote with my son today...it was his first time.
5. This morning on my walk I saw a large flock of birds fly over in perfect "V" formation. It made me feel peaceful to know such organization couldn't just have "happened".
6. We've been invited to eat supper with some dear friends tonight.
**to be continued**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your 'Giving Thanks' post Drewe Llyn. I'm going to do my best to write something like this once a week. You may have noticed the GratiTuesday logo on my last post. Why don't you consider participating in that with me. I don't post every day, but I figure that with all the wonderful blessings God sends my way, I should certainly have something to post once a week.