Friday, June 12, 2009

Moved In

Whew! It's been a very, very busy few weeks. I wish I could post to my blog more, hopefully we'll get settled in and into a routine before too move longer. On June 6th we graduated Cassie. I've never "graduated" a homeschool student before. We had a little ceremony followed by a reception. It was a bit emotional, especially the power point presentation with the music "Find Your Wings". My mom had an attack of Bell's Palsey that very morning. I feel really bad that I didn't even notice she was having trouble until that evening. It isn't a bad case, just very frustrating for her. On Monday, June 8th we began moving our belongings to our new church family in Magee, MS. It has been exhausting! For a people who live not for this world, we really have a lot of worldly possessions! It's all moved in, but not unpacked. The people have been great and I'm especially grateful the church allowed us to pick out the paint for the inside. The kitchen, bathrooms, dining room, and Cassie's room are all yellow. It makes me smile! The rest of the house is a beautiful blue. Wait, not the "rest" of the house! Candace wanted her walls beige and her trim bright orange! It looks great with all her orange shelves and quilt! Cassie left for camp on the 7th. She is a cabin leader at Camp Garaywa which is the state GA campe. (It is a missions organization for preteen girls.) She came home today happy but exhausted. We don't have internet yet. Right now I'm at McAlister's using their wifi and Raymond's lap top. I just wanted to check in and let my bloggy friends know I really am alive and well.
Blessings to all!

2 comments:

Elysa said...

I can't wait to see your new home. And we'll have to drive down one Sunday evening for church.

KarenW said...

Congratulations on your new home! I understand the too many possessions. I've moved across the Atlantic FOUR times. I've given away and sold stuff until you would think there was nothing left and it keeps multiplying.

Anyway. Glad that you have found a new home and a new church family.