Monday, August 11, 2008

School Has Begun

*sigh* It's time for school to begin again. At least my kids are home with me as I begin my 14th year of homeschooling. (14 years!?!?!?! Seems like I'd be smarter than I am.) Cassie (Is she really a senior?????) works approximately 32 hours a week, so I'm proud that she has created a tight schedule for herself making sure she gets all her school work done. This year she is taking:

1. Sign Language
2. Government
3. Algebra 2
4. Human Anatomy and Physiology
5. Literature (Reading the Classics)
6. Grammar

My other dearie is in 8th grade. Too bad neither of us is as organized as her sister. Whereas Cassie jumped headfirst into school today and swam quickly, Candace and I are wading. We did manage to get a good bit of math done. She also did reading, science, and took a spelling assessment. I suppose that's not too bad for her first day. I want to add in grammar, copywork, and some kind of history. I'm not really sure what we will do for that last one. I think we will do a two week unit on the Gettysburg Address, perhaps a report on Lincoln to go with it. I also want her to create a notebook about Mississippi this year. I'm sure we'll read lots of living books related to history. I'll keep you posted.

Well, I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. It's raining here which means the high today is 78 instead of 97. I can live with that.

No comments: