Monday, March 31, 2008

The top is finished!

I finally finished the top to Candace's quilt. It measures 56 X 80. I've put it away until summer when I will get my mother to help me sandwich the back and batting. When she wanted an orange quilt I must admit I had my doubts, but it came together wonderfully. Doesn't it make you smile?






My sense of accomplishment is short lived. Cassie (16) needs/wants a new quilt too. (Somehow I knew this was coming.) We bought fabric last week. We're doing a disappearing 9-patch with some embroidery in some of the squares. (My friend Lori has a tutorial here.)


Here is her fabric:



I think a rotary cutter, cutting mat, and plastic template are must haves for quilters. I didn't have them for Candace's quilt, but I splurged to do Cassie's. I've already cut all the squares execpt for the embroideried ones. (I cut them after they are embroideried.) How did I manage without them!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

KarenW said...

Great job! I can't wait to see the next one.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I really like your work! I wish that I could quilt. I have just never found the time and have no one to teach me (I learn better when I can watch someone doing it). Looking forward to the next one!